Saturday, July 20, 2019

Solution to the July acrostic

"On Monday, the meetings were closed, so we all got on with maintaining the Biosphere. On Tuesday morning I was putting extra fodder in the animal bay when Gaie walked over to me. I watched as she collected a big wad of saliva in her mouth and spat in my face. She turned and walked away without a word."

[Jane] Poynter, The Human Experiment

A. Padawan
B. Own goaled
C. Yawning chasm
D. Nottingham
E. Trewsbury Mead
F. Eaten away
G. Ravaged
H. Take in
I. Howling wind
J. Established
K. How doth the little crocodile
L. Undecided
M. Murgatroyd
N. Aedes
O. New Moon
P. Edie
Q. Xanthelasma
R. Potter Heigham
S. Eiffel
T. Rain shower
U. In focus
V. Mainstay
W. Eastview
X. News pool
Y. Think about it

Conflict between Jane Poynter and Abigail Alling in Biosphere 2. I very occasionally cheat to make an acrostic work, and this is one of those occasions. I had to add the word "extra" in order to get an X, needed because of "experiment" in the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment